Thursday 16 January 2014

The Hospital Manicures: Get Me Out Of Here!

Hello!

The reason I haven't posted recently is because I've been in hospital for the last 6 days and I've only just come home!

I've mentioned in the blog before that I have issues with gallstones - last Friday I was on my way to see a consultant about having an operation to remove my gallbladder and, by pure coincidence, I was struck down with an attack of cholecystitis at the bus stop. So I ended up arriving at A&E in an ambulance! The attack inflamed my gallbladder and liver and left me really quite poorly so I was kept in hospital. Thankfully I'm feeling a lot better now so I've finally been able to come home.

I didn't have wifi access at the hospital so couldn't do anything with the blog, but I tried out three manicures over my stay. I had just ordered two new MoYou plates so experimented with those. This first manicure uses Scholar plate 06 and sums up how I was feeling about being stuck in hospital at the time!



This plate is brilliant - you could make a million creative manis from it to suit your mood on the day. What I discovered though is that you have to work VERY quickly when doing your stamping; because the lines are so fine, they dry almost instantly and then don't pick up on the stamper. Once I realised this I got much better results.

I'll be back with the other manis I tried, and also a couple I did before my stay. See you soon!

Hugs,

Lisa xx

4 comments:

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx